New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Best ways to spend money towards climate efforts

Ask HN: Best ways to spend money towards climate efforts
5 by esotericn | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hello HN, I'm going to be putting a significant percentage of my income aside going forward in order to combat climate change. Let's say, as an order of magnitude estimate, between $250-$2500/mo. I've already made a lot of changes to lower my personal impact and I'd like to go further. It strikes me that, for example, though I own an electric car, this is almost certainly not the most effective use of funds. Possible ways include: - supporting protests globally with funds - buying carbon offsetting directly - buying / funding research into carbon capture - funding renewable energy in general etc What does HN think? Opinions on specific businesses, charities, platforms, etc? How can individuals use their earning power to make a difference?

Comments